What are NOVATHREADS?
They are hypodermic needles preloaded with a PDO absorbable suture.
PDO absorbable suture?
- It’s a synthetic absorbable surgical suture composed of polydioxanone. PDO sutures are used to perform cardiothoracic surgery (such as open-heart surgery). It’s one of the safest materials to be implanted in the body.
- Your skin fully absorbs it within 4 to 6 months & won’t leave you with any scar tissue.
How does it work?
It’s amazingly simple, actually!
Your skin gently reacts to the inserted threads
- In medical terms "Selective Inflammatory Response", it is the principle behind a lot of aesthetic procedures (such as Lasers, Chemical Peels & MicroNeedling). Our skin is very good at repairing itself, and by inserting NOVATHREADS we make it ‘heal’ itself by creating new collagen, naturally!
- Yes, PDO is fully absorbable, but that doesn’t mean your skin won’t react to it. During the 4 to 6 months needed to fully absorb the PDO suture, your skin is also repairing itself around it.
- It’s "controlled healing" happening underneath the skin!
No cuts or incisions.
The NovaThreads are needles that are pre-loaded with a PDO thread. Simply insert the whole needle in the interstitial tissue at subdermal level, parallel to the surface of the skin, & pull the needle out.
The PDO thread remains under the skin.
Restoring the V-Shape
A beautiful and healthy face has a "V-shape". With the ageing of tissues and the action of gravity, this "V-shape" diminishes or inverts. The idea behind NOVATHREADS is to delicately lift the tissues and reposition the skin to recreate the “V-shape” where it’s been lost.
Neck & Jaw
Although NOVATHREADS can be inserted almost anywhere, one area where they are especially effective is the neck and jawline. The lower third of the face is challenging to treat effectively with botulinum toxin or injectable fillers, which are most effective in the upper and middle third of the face, respectively.
"I absolutely love this place! I believe the atmosphere and services are on par or better than the great spas I visited in Asia."Kathy F.